    Subjectreceiving broadcasts from host zero in a subnet?
    I am attempting port a program to linux that listens to broadcast UDP
    packets from a particular device while performing a network boot. This
    UDP broadcast is received OK if it is from the all zeroes address
    to the all ones broadcast address. But if the packet is from for example to (with subnet mask the packet
    does not appear to be received on an UDP socket bound to INADDR_ANY. The
    device in questions its subnet but not its IP address so it uses this
    peculiar broadcast. Is there any special rule I need to enable to receive
    these kind of broadcasts?

    Jens-Uwe Mager <pgp-mailto:62CFDB25>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.020 / U:96.936 seconds]