SubjectRe: HP NetServer LHr3/aic7xxx Help??

Heather> Hello.... I've got an HP NetServer LHr3 running v2.2.11.
Heather> It's got 3 PCI busses in it with a Symbios/NCR 53c895
Heather> on-board, an HP NetRaid/AMI MegaRaid adapter, and an Adaptec
Heather> AHA-2944UW. The AHA-2944UW is supposed to be attached to an
Heather> external storage device, but the host panics at boot when
Heather> it's attached. I've tried changing the reverse_scan to 1 in
Heather> aic7xxx.c and recompiling, but to no avail. I've tried the
Heather> AMI as static, but the host won't boot. I've tried the NCR
Heather> both as modules and static, but if I have the Adaptec
Heather> attached to the storage, the ohst panics either way. I've
Heather> kept the aic7xxx as a module in the hopes that it would come
Heather> up after the ncr53c8xx when it is static, but it still loads
Heather> before the NCR. How do I change this so I can use the
Heather> Adaptec to attach to the external storage and still boot my
Heather> system without making it panic? Any suggestions are greatly
Heather> appreciated. Thanks. Heather

It is not quite clear to me if this is related, however I have an HP
NetServer box as well (not sure which model number) which also has two
NCR controllers on the motherboard. What I found is that all PCI
devices on the motherboard are detected twice and the SCSI driver for
the NCR then tries to probe each twice (in parallel) and boom. I
hacked the sym53c8xx.c driver to get around this quickly and get the
system booted.

I know Martin Mares has some patches for this, but they are not yet
in the standard tree.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.049 / U:0.908 seconds]