SubjectRe: My $0.02 on devd and devfs
a question for Richard on this.

what is the difference between

1. the amount of code needed to maintain the database

2. the current amount of code needed to maintain the database
and provide it as a filesystem.

3. the current database with FS support with an option to display the data
in a flat /proc file instead of mounting it

from what I have read this should be a fairly minor change, but may
satisfy those who dislike a virtual filesystem without sacraficing
existing capabilities.

David Lang