    SubjectRe: 2.3.20 will not boot (PCI problem)
    > Martin, let's just change the defaults: NOT call the BIOS by default (and
    > maybe have a kernel command line to say "pciirq=bios" for the two people
    > who need it and have a working BIOS) because I'll bet this is not going to
    > be the only report on machines not booting when more people start testing.
    > And it's not as we got the interrupt numbes wrong by just looking them up
    > by hand.

    We can also use the $PIR rom table. This gives you a table of the PCI irq
    routing, at least for the primary bus.
    (http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/busbios/pciirq.htm)

    With ACPI the ACPI database gives a semi-parseable data table (actually its
    a complete horror). [ACPI has turned into such a catastrophe MS Win 98 OSR2
    basically doesnt use it]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:90.060 seconds]