    SubjectRe: Porting vfork()
       Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 01:06:58 -0500 (EST)
    From: Kenneth Albanowski <kjahds@kjahds.com>

    On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Perry Harrington wrote:

    > I discussed this issue with Linus as well, and concluded that
    > vforking within a cloned process can be achieved via putting the
    > sleep_on in the task structure. I'm going to be working on this
    > tonight and I'll see what I can do.

    I do think a sempahore would be appropriate to avoid the
    possibility of recursion.

    Last time I checked BSD doesn't even fully handle the recursive
    vfork() case, and thus we should not need to either. Just make sure
    the kernel retains it's own internal integrity in such a case, nothing
    more.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.020 / U:0.060 seconds]