SubjectRe: sb live

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.990107150826.24548B-100000@z.ml.org>, Gregory Maxwell
writes:

> On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, C S Hendrix wrote:
>
> > On the redhat list someone said they got the card running with the
> > SB16 driver.
> >
> > I didn't think the Live had hardware support for the SB16... but when
> > I asked the guy privately he said it did.
> >
> > I was thinking it was the PCI64 card that did that but he insists it
> > was the Live.
>
> After trying VERY HARD with the esonic13xx and SB16 I have come to the
> personal conclusion that the SB Live CAN NOT use either driver and that
> it's not at all related.

That's pretty much what I thought. I'm sure the guy I talked to
has another card and just thinks it is a Live.

I read the specs and all that and saw no reference to any kind of
hardware support for SB16 software.

> If it were possible to use the sb16 driver, then why would it need
> gigantic dos tsr's to work with dos games?

That's why I questioned him in the first place... it didn't really
make sense.

--
Shannon - shendrix@widomaker.com - www.widomaker.com - Will Hack 4 F00D