SubjectRe: PCI question and tulip wierdness
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, David wrote:
> Reply to mail from Chip Salzenberg about PCI question and tulip wierdness
> -----------------
> > I seem to recall this being a documented limitation of the XFree86
> > server for the RIVA 128. (Something like "SHARED INTERRUPTS DON'T
> > WORK!" :-))
>
> shared interrupts CAN work.
>
> ncr, tulip, tulip: all on one interrupt.
>
> -d
> --
> Look, Windows 98 Buy, lemmings, buy! MCSE, Must Consult Someone Experienced
> __ (c) 1998 David Ford. Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited
> \/ for linux-kernel: please read linux/Documentation/* before posting problems

I believe Linus mentioned this before, but I'll mention it anyway; when
sharing interrupts, remember to set them to be level triggered, not edge
triggered, otherwise you may get lost interrupts.
This may be one of the main causes for shared interrupt problems, since
it's not something people are likely to know about.

HTH
--
Henrik Olsen, Dawn Solutions I/S
URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/