SubjectRe: short display with 2.1.132-ac3, matroxfb and XF86_SVGA
Hello,
I'm sorry that I did not reply immediately, but I returned just today
from vacation. It looks that couple of things happen during christmas
(Thanks go esp. to Linus for 2.2.0preX).
Unfortunately, I'm not still able to get G100 to work :-(
It is new to me that G200 does not work. My test configuration
Millennium G200 AGP, 8MB - I-think-that-SGRAM - is recognized (by XFree3.3.3)
as SDRAM, unable to probe for memory size, using 8MB - and works up to
1280x1024x32 without problems. Could you send me (if it does not work for
you) lspci -vxxx before running X and when running X. Also values reported
by X-server when starting (Read OPTION 0x........) should be interesting.
Meanwhile, you can try to boot with 'video=matrox:noinit' or try to start
X from `real' text console (fbset -depth 0).
> > My 4Mb Millenium (not II) FB Console works with both XFree SVGA
> > and FBdev at 1152x900 :) no screen restoration problem whatsoever,
> > excluding SVGA lib and SVGATextmode utility...
SVGALib works if you start it on text console (fbset -depth 0; sdoom)
if vger code is now in Linus tree. I hope so, but I've not yet checked,
there is much new here after christmas.
> If you hear strange jitter when playing music with ALSA and are using the
> combination of matroxfb and XFree86, just try to get rid of matroxfb (it
> worked for me, I have a Mystique 220)
No, I never saw this and I never heard this. In old days at autumn 1998
I've tested Mystique (non-220) here and it worked (together with SF16-FMI,
mp3 player and nfs-mounted mp3 files). With Millennium I and G200 together
with an Opti929 clone it works just now.
> Anyone else have/had this problem? Or wants to know more -- my address is
> below.
OK, I'm interested in name of your motherboard chipset; and whether it
occurs also with XF86_FBDev X-server. You should try to move your soundcard
from one slot to another too, maybe it helps you. I have to plug an good
metal plate between AVERMedia-TVPhone and my G200, otherwise there were
visible vertical stripes during Bt848->G200 activity.
Best regards,
Petr Vandrovec
vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.023 / U:0.068 seconds]