    SubjectRe: A router bug?
    In article <> you write:
    >> from the remote site. For some reason, the response never comes.
    >> Is that possible for the Linux gateway doesn't forward those bytes
    >> sent to the remote site under certain conditions? What should I
    >> look for?
    >If the MTU of the two links is different you should look for outgoing
    >frames through the router with no reply when the size of reply would be
    >large. Thats a clear indication that the remote site has firewalls set up
    >by overpaid underbrained morons from one of the many rich and clueless
    >consulting firms who think blocking all icmp on a firewall is a valid
    >thing to do.

    This is *definitely* a path MTU problem. I can reproduce it from my
    home network. Since the company I work for provides Waterhouse with
    at least part of their connectivity, I've forwarded this off to our
    NOC and asked them to work with Waterhouse. Hopefully this will be
    fixed in the next day or two.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.018 / U:93.948 seconds]