SubjectRe: Sound: DMA (output) timed out -IRQ/DRQ config error? [new person]
I get the same error, when I compile sound into the kernel, I believe it
is a problem with the pnp stuff that the driver uses, aparently its been
trying 1.3 as an irq. Though when I use the driver as a module it works, until
after I play a song using mpg123, then it comps out with the same error.
It worked in 2.1.8? and 2.0.?, but 2.1.9+ and 2.2 break it a bit.
HELP.

On Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 12:48:35PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Tomasz Przygoda (tprzyg@securities.com) said:
> > I'm getting the same error - soundcard is Crystal Sound (cs4232.o), and
> > one thing I noticed is that if the module is loaded before pcmcia stuff,
> > I get that message, and my sound is screwed in X, but... if I make the
> > cs4232 module to be loaded after pcmcia, then everything works perfectly
> > fine.
>
> Try editing /etc/pcmcia/config.opts (or whereever the file lives on
> your distro) and changing the 'include ports' line from '0x100-0x4ff'
> (the default) to '0x100-0x1ff'; does that help?
>
> Bill
>
> -

(-------------------------------------------------------------------------)
A manager went to his programmers and told them: "As regards to
your work hours: you are going to have to come in at nine in the morning and
leave at five in the afternoon." At this, all of them became angry and several
resigned on the spot.
So the manager said: "All right, in that case you may set your own
working hours, as long as you finish your projects on schedule." The
programmers, now satisfied, began to come in a noon and work to the wee
hours of the morning.
-- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.049 / U:2.112 seconds]