SubjectRe: howto disable auto route setup?
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Paul Jakma wrote:
> > >
> > > Ummm...why?
> >
> > for backwards compatibility maybe.
> >
> > because i don't want to have to have different config scripts for
> > machines running 2.0 and 2.2.
> >
> > because i don't have the time at the moment to delve into diald's
> > source code, etc..
> >

> Metoo. I like to keep control about the routing, but with 2.1.121 or
> so the kernel claimed to know better. Of course it had no idea about
> the wished dial on demand configuration and broke the routing with
> each new autoloaded network interface. Some very ugly workarounds
> (especially for Linux) became necessary within pppd and ipppd.

Alan Cox's announcement for one his .13?-ac patches included
support for disabling "auto route". i've looked through the
132-ac{9,11} patches and can't find it.

i think it's a nice feature, but a little bit time to make the
transition would be nice.

--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie
PGP5 key: http://www.clubi.ie/publickey.txt