SubjectRe: howto disable auto route setup?
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> Metoo. I like to keep control about the routing, but with 2.1.121 or
> so the kernel claimed to know better. Of course it had no idea about
> the wished dial on demand configuration and broke the routing with
> each new autoloaded network interface. Some very ugly workarounds
> (especially for Linux) became necessary within pppd and ipppd.

No kidding. I've got a unusual setup where I've got 3 forms of internet
connections in a single box (one is radio, one is diald on demand, and one
is a half-duplex (RX) cable modem). I make extensive use of the new ip
command, CBQ, and ip's NAT tables.

I've had to resort to problematic hackery to get rid of the darn default
route on the ISDN interface..

My setup is compilcated enough, and it really sucks having to sleep till
the ppp0 interface is up and then delete the route.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.050 / U:0.356 seconds]