    SubjectRe: Strange interrupt behavior in 2.2.0(and pre)
    On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > I also have a 200 Mhz Pentium MMX with a soundblaster card that gives 590
    > > interrupts/s when running esd. Can it be sampling something at a very high
    > > speed? I was however not playing (or recording) anything while these test
    > > were done. The system feels about 4 times faster when I kill esd.
    > Ok this is because ESD doesnt stop the audio it just sits there playing
    > emptiness - that also is why it burns CPU on the cyrix

    I believe this is a deliberate feature to keep the device open so that
    other devices cant make /dev/dsp unavailable to esd. (or for the more
    paranoid, it's designed that way to get you to switch all your sound apps
    to ESD).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.017 / U:213.328 seconds]