SubjectRe: IPX problems with 2.2.0
I got the assistance of one of our network support people this morning,
and we setup a sniffer on the network for a short while. The problem was
MUCH worse this time... the moment we enabled the IPX interface on the
Linux box (kernel version 2.2.1 in this attempt), everyone started
losing their connections to the various servers. We only left the
interface up for approximately five seconds, and almost 60000 frames
(IPX broadcast) were captured by the sniffer (probably more... it seems
that the buffer wrapped around sometime during the process), mostly
coming from the Linux box.

Our environment consists of a mix of NT and Netware servers, with mostly
Windows clients... plus our single Linux system, of course. The NIC is
an Olicom Token-Ring card, supported by a binary-only driver from the
manufacturer (I don't think this particular problem is caused by the
driver, though, as I know of a case with the same apparent problem on an
ethernet network using, I believe, kernel-provided drivers).

I'm attaching a subset of the trace (150 frames) from this morning. I
can provide a larger sampling if needed, but it appeared to be
essentailly the same throughout.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanx!

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.038 / U:0.268 seconds]