    SubjectRe: LINUX 2.2 SECURITY: more clues

    > Nothing happened. I might be wrong, but perhaps it's a bug with the RH5.x ldd
    > from the glibc package? AFAIR many people who reported the crash were using
    > RH5.x - some of them didn't mention which dist they use, but those who said
    > they're running Slackware or Debian dists didn't have problems. Perpahs that's
    > where one should look?

    Maybe it happens only with some ldd's, but the kernel needs fixing anyway.
    A normal user should not be able to crash the OS by running a buggy
    program, as an evil user could then bring his own buggy ldd in
    order to crash machines.

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.018 / U:29.228 seconds]