    SubjectRe: kmalloc
    Date
    > Add to that Alan's mistake this morning about phys_to_virt() etc. and I
    > think we have a clear pattern: these people aren't dummies, so we can't
    > blame them, there just isn't adequate documentation.

    Partly its stuff that changes over time.

    As to "where is the documentation". Please do help with that, the Linux
    Documentation project has a free kernel internals book in progress. Dave
    Rusling has done some superb work on it but many hands make light work.

    In addition Bodo from SuSE has recently contributed a chunk of documentation
    on /proc and /proc/sys - its not complete by any means but its a hell of a lot
    better than the current stuff. That should be in 2.2.1 or so - please
    contribute there

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.046 / U:30.340 seconds]