SubjectRe: Should raw I/O be added to the kernel?
Hi,

On 22 Jan 1999 02:19:17 GMT, hpa@transmeta.com (H. Peter Anvin) said:

> Actually, it is better than that: as long as the commit record cannot
> pass the data records, you can roll back to a consistent state.

Absolutely, but that's not the point: the point is that the Unix API
does not allow applications to specify such a partial order on IO. Raw
IO, O_SYNC and friends, and fsync() are about all an application can
use.

--Stephen

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans