SubjectRe: ** Fork 1, Draft Final-2 **
> > Har, har... I agree, but this seems to be one of those features that will make or
> > break Linux for many departments. It also has a nice lead-in from the
> > NT/UNIX filesystem sentence.
>
> Ahem... I understand that you are busy writing this stuff, but could you
> read other traffic on l-k? NTFS support is not OK right now.

Yeah, I've been reading that. But what if it's fixed in 2.2.1? This is really a
judgment call -- include only things that are 100%, or include stuff that's almost
there. I'm not sure what the proper answer here is.

> *From* BSD, please. UNIX(tm) issues aside, none of the major

How about "portions of BSD UNIX"?

If BSD licenses the UNIX trademark, then it really is BSD UNIX, so as long as we
credit the trademark properly, this is not a problem. The problem is referring to
Linux -- not a licensor of the UNIX trademark -- as UNIX.

> Hmm... What about s/UltraSPARC/Sun Microsystem's UltraSPARC/ and same
> for other platforms? BTW, I doubt that Joe Average Marketdroid knows what
> the heck x86 is. OTOH JAM and Joe Average EndLuser have heard about Intel,
> Apple, DEC (awww... Digital; just don't use Compaq here - they have
> nothing with Alpha) and Sun.

Hmmmmmm... maybe Intel will work here. I'll check into that.

Kyle

--
Kyle R. Rose "They can try to bind our arms,
Laboratory for Computer Science but they cannot chain our

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.055 / U:0.780 seconds]