    SubjectLock up

    I don't know if this can be made of any use to anyone, but I had my
    first lockup today in a long long time (maybe since early 2.0.x
    kernels). I've been "spot testing" dev kernels for the last year and
    running all of the dev kernels since 2.1.130, currently running an
    unpatched 2.2.0-pre9, a fairly pristine Redhat 5.2 system (complete
    reinstall over 4.1). CPU is a P100 w/ 64 Meg RAM, IDE and Adaptec 2940

    The system just locked up in X. Would not respond to keyboard or mouse
    or network ping or telnet. This was not an X lockup.

    There is nothing interesting in any log files. I haven't a clue what
    happened. I've spent the last two hours trying to remember everything I
    was doing before (including running ddd/gdb successfully and exiting).
    I can't duplicate it, but this system hasn't been known to just crash.

    The lockup occured about 15 minutes after exiting ddd. I had just
    disconnected from my isp and was in the process of reconnecting to my
    office computer (with usernet) when the lockup occurred. IDE disk light
    was on continously, but the drive was quiet.

    Something's not right and if anyone has any ideas, I'm game to try 'em.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:2.580 seconds]