SubjectRe: *** Draft 8 Final - Press Release ***
On Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 02:00:49PM -0500, Kyle Rose wrote:
> Okay...while we're waiting, we might as well handle the problem that Ed brought
> up on his site: that of distribution. We should probably divide up the (Linux
> and mainstream) news organizations into groups each manned by a distributor;
> then, have each distributor find a way to reliably transmit the release to his
> group of sites. Eventually, the news will get around anyhow, but a coordinated
> effort definitely has its advantages.
I have already volunteered to email the press release out to UK
publications.
I have got email addresses for some of:
* the UK computing press
* the UK national daily newspapers

I didn't think about the economist, new scientist, BBC & ITN, but
someone mentioned them so I'll try to find something.
If anybody has suitable (email) addresses for UK pubs please forward
them to me (it is easier to reject duplicates than dig out new ones).

> There's also another problem: who wants to be the contact for the release? I
> wouldn't presume to speak for Linus, but from the sound of his last email,
> I think the last thing he wants is to get flooded with *more* email.
> Volunteers...? Should we have multiple contacts, i.e., each distributor is the
> contact for his group?

Probably best done by country.

I'm worried about doing the UK as I'm not always in. Anybody else ?

Cheers

--
Alain Williams