SubjectRe: 2.2.0pre2: unable to print

In message <m0zwJA8-0000WKC@libsurf>, Robert Kiesling writes:

> > I had printing working fine before upgrading to 2.2.0pre[1/2]. I'm
> > using Redhat 5.2, and have an HP DeskJet 400. lpq shows: "waiting for
> > lp to become ready (offline?)". I think I've enabled all the necessary
> > kernel options for parallel port support. I have printer support
> > compiled as a module (lp.o) and it is loaded. Does anyone know what
> > would cause this, or is there some additional info I should provide?
>
> Some of the older lpd implementations expect the printer to be
> connected to lp1. Maybe it was hardwired in, to compensate for the
> port (of the lpd code)... I'm not sure why it was ever done this
> way....

I have the same trouble, and it isn't lp0/lp1 issues.

If I unload and then load lp.o or unload all the related modules and
reload lp the printers starts working.

For some reason the modules seem to get loaded in the wrong order
and/or without loading parport_pc.o in the process.

--
Shannon - shendrix@widomaker.com - www.widomaker.com - Will Hack 4 F00D