    SubjectRe: scary ext2 filesystem question
    Zlatko Calusic <> wrote:
    > I found your oneliner very useful, but still have to say that the most
    > tedious part is not modifying files, but writing down all reported
    > inode numbers (from fsck pass). If you have lots of disk space, fsck
    > can take some time, and you're spending that time watching the screen,
    > writing inode numers in a hurry, so you can check later if any major
    > corruption happened.

    I agree that it would be very nice for fsck to have some kind of logging

    Perhaps, if it's being run non-interactively, you could tee the output
    to a file? Maybe have a scratch partition (where nothing of long-term
    importance is kept) which is mounted read/write before doing fsck on
    any of the rest of your partitions?

    That said, getting a UPS to allow for clean shutdowns is probably a better
    way to spend your time. [That said, a UPS won't prevent the kernel from
    having problems.]

    I don't read a lot that happens linux-kernel, please Cc: me if you want
    me to read what you're saying. Thanks.