SubjectRe: *** draft 3 - press release ***
Albert D Cahalan wrote:
> I had that idea too, but grabbed a different quote. I'm not sure
> if it is better or worse, but at least it avoids "UNIX". Besides
> being a dead legacy operating system, UNIX is a trademark licenced
> exclusively through The Open Group -- or whatever.

I agree that the word "UNIX" should not appear, but the other quote is
better. Praise from "the enemy" is much better than just their
admission that they are concerned. I'd start quoting somewhere after
the "UNIX" word, making it fit into a sentence.

> LINUX KERNEL 2.2
> The Internet, February XX, 1999
>
> Today the software development team led by Linus Torvalds releases a
> major update to the Linux operating system. The new release brings
> enterprise scalability, broad support for newer hardware, and a large
> collection of low-level features. Highlights include:

[ ... ]

It's looking pretty good :-)

> * Easy access to documents stored on NTFS-format hard disks.
> This NT compatability support provides an upgrade path to Linux.

"compatibility".

--
Roger Espel Llima, espel@llaic.u-clermont1.fr
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/espel/index.html