SubjectRe: *** draft 3 - press release ***
Albert D. Cahalan <acahalan@cs.uml.edu> wrote:
> Charles Cazabon writes:
> > Albert D. Cahalan <acahalan@cs.uml.edu> wrote:
>
> > However, the new quote you have inserted is _extremely_ opaque for
> > anyone who isn't technically inclined. I think the previous quote
> > was much better in this respect; it may need a little cleaning up,
> > but it got the point across in a clearer fashion.
>
> OK, anything else good?

How about this, from Halloween III, the Microsoft official statement regarding
Halloween I and II:

Microsoft Netherlands' spokesperson Aurelia van den Berg stated in a memo
concerning the Linux kernel development method,
"Linux is a philosophy as much as technical phenomena. On the positive, and
Microsoft is interested in better understanding and finding ways to
accommodate this dynamic, it provides for extensive peer review, and for a
lot of independent parallel work on a variety of features."

> > We're back to "Linux only runs on PCs and Macs".
>
> Maybe UltraSPARC is worth mentioning, since it is a new feature.
> Keep in mind that normal people just won't be interested.
> Your list of processor types is confusing technical jargon to them.
> ARM, MIPS, and 680x0 are definitely not good to mention.
> One has to draw the line somewhere.

Ok, how about "Linux runs on personal computers such as modern Pentium II
and Power Macintosh systems, makes efficient use of older 80386-powered
computers, and is also available for Sun UltraSparc-powered workstations and
a variety of other system architectures."

Charles Cazabon