SubjectRe: pre7-ac3 and xconfig
Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec@shout.net> writes:

> I have more xconfig bug fixes in progress. So it's quite possible that
> pre7-ac3 may be the xconfig that you see in 2.2.0, but please keep
> sending bug reports. That's what 2.2.1 is for.

The placement of some options seems odd to me -- it's not immediately
clear why CONFIG_DUMMY, CONFIG_EQUALIZER, and CONFIG_ETHERTAP belong
in the ARC Devices menu, for example, nor why PLIP, PPP, SLIP, and
Wireless belong under AppleTalk Devices. Additionally, having
CONFIG_MOUSE be the last item in "Character Devices" instead of the
first item in "Mice" seems odd.

There's little point in having more categories if they're just going
to serve to confuse people. Unless people go sequentially through all
the config options, they're likely to miss things they want.

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs
magus@cs.cmu.edu -------------------------------- http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~magus/