SubjectRe: Building .config into the kernel

as a "new user" (Only using Linux at work from 2.0.0 on, at home from
0.99?? ) what is this traditional naming scheme

David Lang

"If users are made to understand that the system administrator's job is to
make computers run, and not to make them happy, they can, in fact, be made
happy most of the time. If users are allowed to believe that the system
administrator's job is to make them happy, they can, in fact, never be made
happy."
- -Paul Evans (as quoted by Barb Dijker in "Managing Support Staff", LISA '97)