    SubjectRe: ISSUE: 2.2.0-pre6 NFS client problems

    | > |
    | > | Older user mode linux nfsd is one culprit of passing wrong errors back (on
    | > | rmdir from memory) .37 seems ok
    | >
    | > I'm still seeing these messages:
    | >
    | > kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116
    | >
    | > and I'm using the new knfsd-981204 package. Note that I'm getting
    | > this message as an NFS client only. Typically I get this message and
    | > a mount fails. Could this be a problem with am-utils-6.0? I don't
    | > think I can use autofs unless it can use the NIS map stuff.
    | >

    | What is your NFS server? It looks like your NFS server returns
    | ESTALE instead of NFSERR_STALE.

    I just got this message from a Solaris-2.5.1 NFS server.

    I'm also having the following problem: when I try to read my mail
    using NM's `inc' command, `inc' just hangs until I kill it. The mail
    drop file is on a Sun 4.1.4 NFS server. Meanwhile, on the Sun 4.1.4
    server several `procmail' processes start to accumulate because they
    can't write to my mail drop file. I assume they're waiting for a lock
    to be released.

    Since I'm mounting the file file system with the `nolock' option, how
    can this happen? Could statd be causing this problem?

    -Fred

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.019 / U:30.988 seconds]