SubjectRe: Lance driver sick with 2.2.0-prex changes
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Currently at pre6, but problem started several steps before.
> > System boots normally, and network is OK. As long as it is used,
> > continues to work, and ifconfig numbers are good (no errors). If I leave
> > for a while, say 30 minutes or more, I return to a dead network
> > interface. Ifconfig shows a large error count on the receive line. Any
>
> Is this machine single or multiprocessor ?

It's a UP system, have tried both UP and SMP kernels in the
past, and seen no problems with either, so been using SMP by habit.
Admit I haven't tried UP since about 2.1.124, so I guess that's a good
thought. If that fixes it, will report later this evening and hide my
red face.

Bill Earnest wde@fast.net Linux Powered Allentown, PA, USA
Computers, like air conditioners, work poorly with Windows open.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.088 / U:1.096 seconds]