    SubjectRe: Official kernel stance on EGCS?
    On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

    > I know that egcs is generally frowned upon for compiling 2.0.xx and I know
    > that fix-ups have been done to 2.1 to make it compatible with egcs. Right now
    > I'm grabbing the latest egcs cvs tree and was wondering if the more recent
    > versions are a valid testbed with respect to the kernel?
    >
    > Will 2.2 freak out if I'm not using gcc 2.7.2.3?

    It won't - I've been compiling the kernel with pgcc (which is in turn
    based on egcs) for ages.
    The latest egcs snapshots might still make problems because of some asm
    changes; egcs 1.1.1 works.

    LLaP
    bero

    --
    Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
    ***

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.025 / U:0.096 seconds]