SubjectRe: Official kernel stance on EGCS?
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

> I know that egcs is generally frowned upon for compiling 2.0.xx and I know
> that fix-ups have been done to 2.1 to make it compatible with egcs. Right now
> I'm grabbing the latest egcs cvs tree and was wondering if the more recent
> versions are a valid testbed with respect to the kernel?
> Will 2.2 freak out if I'm not using gcc

It won't - I've been compiling the kernel with pgcc (which is in turn
based on egcs) for ages.
The latest egcs snapshots might still make problems because of some asm
changes; egcs 1.1.1 works.

Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.