    SubjectRe: Results: Zlatko's new vm patch

    Note that there are very few people who are testing interactive feel. I'd
    be happier with more people giving more subjective comments on how the
    system feels under heavy memory load.

    The only feedback I have so far says that pre-7 is much better than any of
    the pre-6 versions, but I'd be happier with more coverage depth and more
    comments from people in different circumstances. For example, what does it
    feel like when you're paging heavily and doing a "find" at the same time
    on a 16M machine?

    I know this is harder than just trying to determine the throughput of
    something, but the pre-6 thing certainly showed how dangerous it was to
    just look at numbers.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.019 / U:64.336 seconds]