    SubjectRe: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time
    Florian Lohoff <> (cute domain this fellow has) wrote:
    > What about splitting machines like routing "*.de" to a couple
    > of alternative *.de relays (Donations ?)

    We already do it, although via only *one* relay.
    That one happens to handle also .UK, but that
    is minor detail..
    > Now someone should evaluate what specs these machines should
    > have - To the end of the week ill be able to have a machine up
    > and running where this could be done (preferred MTA is postfix)

    Here are number of addresses per top-level domains in all of
    VGER's lists, and systems handling them: (top 8 only)

    8108 com -->
    4434 net -->
    2583 de -->
    2455 edu -->
    1216 uk -->
    1137 org -->
    909 au -->
    688 it -->
    ... used to handle entire europe, and former soviet union
    a year ago, but then FTP feed popularity forced us to move some of
    email load out of it.. (It got more RAM, and now it could again
    handle the increased ftp and email loads..)

    Feeding .DE to a German exploder would be fine, but could somebody
    please volunteer for .COM or .NET ? It is pure madness to push the
    load to Finland, and then final delivery back to USA as very likely
    most users at those top-level domains are in USA. My MTA software
    can handle it, but the machine must be good!

    > Flo
    > --
    > Florian Lohoff +49-5241-470566
    > Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three). (RFC 1925)

    /Matti Aarnio <> <>