SubjectRe: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time
In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.990111084840.15008C-100000@waste.org>, Oliver
Xymoron
writes:
+-----
| > *boggle* And you think *sendmail* is a load problem? Majordomo is quite
| > useless for mailing lists with more than a few hundred users (reduce
| > quantities as the number of hosted lists increases), regardless of MTA ---
| > question answered. vger is drowning in inefficient Perl scripts.
| Bah. I have a Majordomo list with ~12000 subscribers. No problems. Not to
| mention a hundred other lists of various sizes. Majordomo's resend load is
| proportional to number of messages, not subscribers. Oh yeah, I've been
+--->8

# subscribers as an estimate of traffic. The problem isn't so much number
of subscribers as the number of processes majordomo throws around in the
course of processing submissions --- maybe you have a more efficient version
of majordomo than the ones I've worked with; they were originally written
back when using Perl as glue for external commands was considered the
"right" way to do things, and weren't redesigned as Perl and the Perl
"world" changed.

--
brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu