SubjectRe: your mail

Thanks, I've just gotten it to crash now ... will investigate it later
thanks for the report ..

Dave.

--
------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Chris Evans wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I just tried your NFS/TCP patch against 2.2.0p6.
>
> Not much success I am afraid. Here is what I tried and what happened
>
> 1) mount with flags "rsize=16384,wsize=16384,tcp,intr,nolock"
>
> Try make -j 32 of linux kernel across localhost, using userland NFS
> server.
>
> Result: lasts about 1 sec. Spits out "RPC: empty TCP record". All
> processes hang in D state (at shutdown lots of unpleasant RPC messages
> show up)
>
> I suggest you try the above stability test - localhost is a very fast
> transport to help expose those races. A make -j 32 is massively parallel,
> and a kernel build involves a good deal of reading and writing.
>

> 2) mount with flags and localhost server as above, expect let rsize and
> wsize default.
>
> Tried: make clean on same linux source tree
>
> Result: Process hangs in D state.
>

> Cheers
> Chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:1.866 / U:0.024 seconds]