SubjectRe: [2.2.0-pre6] Unresolved symbols

>> drivers/net/net.a(Space.o): In function `hippi_probe':
>> Space.o(.text+0xd): undefined reference to `cern_hippi_probe'

Alan> CERN hippi is an ex item, its still in Linus Config.in for some
Alan> reason. There are a couple of other drivers/net/Config.in
Alan> updates needed. Time to send him one

Yup, I still wonder why some people enables this kind of support for
cards which they for do not have access to and probably never will.
The CERN HIPPI card is still buggy and I do not see that being fixed
any time soon, if ever, thus I decided not to submit the driver to
Linus for inclusion in the main stream kernel after all.

It's a bit silly to include a driver for which I am probably the only
one with a set of reasonably well functioning cards ;-). The Road
Runner HIPPI NIC's are easily available and totally outperforms the
CERN card anyway - now for some people to write drivers for the other
available HIPPI NICs on the market.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.056 / U:0.028 seconds]