    SubjectRe: Results: pre6 vs pre6+zlatko's_patch vs pre5 vs arcavm13
    Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@e-mind.com> writes:

    > I've seen pre7 now and I produced arca-vm-18 against it.
    >
    > In arca-vm-18 I avoided the swaping readahead if we would be forced to do
    > _sync_ IO in the readahead. This make tons of sense to me.

    Yes, I agree. I made a same change in my development patches, this
    morning, and it works well. We can only gain with policy like that.

    > Another thing that would be interesting could be to change
    > SWAPFILE_CLUSTER to 256 as in clean pre7. I think it's not needed because
    > I am not hearing disk seeks under heavy swapping but may I guess there is
    > some reason is 256 in pre7 ;)?

    Better clustering of pages on the disk. That will improve swapin
    readahead hit rate, and overall performance.

    Regards,
    --
    Zlatko