SubjectDisallowing user access to "listening" ports.
I apologize advance for my extreme lack of knowledge in linux development
of any kind. I am only presuming to post to this list under the advice of
a friend.

I want to make it impossible for daemons to be started under any UID
that is greater than 100, except for UID 65534.

Some suggested that I make a patch for my kernel that would do something
such as:

if UID > 100 and UID != 65534
then "do not open socket"

I know very very little about programming (I am just a beginning
programmer) and I certainly don't know anything about kernel programming.
I was wondering if anyone knew what lines of code I would have to add to
the kernel in order to achieve this effect, and where in the kernel source
should I add it?

I would be extremely appreciate of any assistance you could give me.

Thank you very much. :)

Amanda Shuler labrat@snafu.lansing.cc.mi.us

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:1.143 / U:0.988 seconds]