SubjectRe: Very poor TCP/SACK performance
>   I noticed two different problems while a friend was receiving a file
> from my system. The first one might not be a real problem, I don't know
> exactly how SACK resends are handled. The second problem looks like a
> definite bug in TCP somewhere.

While we are at it: that would explain the poor PPP throughput if the
TCP end is a Linux system, too! Does IRIX 6 support SACK, perchance?

Why is Linux using SACK, anyway?
Stevens refers to it like "yeah, the BSD people implemented it once, but
it didn't work so it was discarded and is now obsolete".

And, you know, if Stevens says so, I'd be tempted to just accept this as
God given and be done with it. What was the reason to add SACK support
to Linux? Almost no system under the sun seems to support it, anyway.
Right?

Felix

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.120 / U:0.572 seconds]