    SubjectRe: Cobalt Micro (was Re: Build your own Motherboards)
    > [ multi-layer PCBs ]
    >
    > Of course there are ways to go around, (like using laser printers and
    > special paper to create metal plating) but still anything way beyound 2
    > sided mainboard is currently unachievable at home. I would be very
    > greatful to anybody who pointed out to me a sensible way to do this..

    There's some interesting material at www.thinktink.com, including
    a hacker-friendly plated-through hole process and descriptions of
    multilayer layups and fabrication. (I've never tried >2 layers;
    I'm sure there's a bit of a learning curve.) Also Maxfield's book
    _Bebop to the Boolean Boogie_ has a pretty good discussion of
    some semi-exotic PCB and packaging technologies, some of which
    seem promising for the garage, though it's more a descriptive than
    a how-to treatment.

    Perhaps sci.electronics.* would be the best place for discussion.

    Cheers,
    Peter Monta pmonta@imedia.com
    Imedia Corp.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:1.876 seconds]