    SubjectRe: problems with read & alarm
    > In the last version of linux (2.0.32 and above) the behavior
    > of the read system call and the signals had change and I have
    > a lot of problems to manage it.

    I don't believe it has

    > working with old versions of the kernel and with many unixes
    > that work fine. I launched one alarm signal for 30 seconds. I have

    The behaviour of your code given there is undefined.

    > I wonder if there is some special mode to set the file descriptor
    > in order to have the old style of read. I want to have blocking read

    > system calls and have signal way to wake up it if something wrong
    > is happening in the serial protocol.

    Keep guessing 8)

    > I'm very concerned with that cose the unique OS that "fail" is the
    > last versions of Linux and the rest of unixes (even old ones) work
    > very fine ....

    man sigaction.

    I imagine you switched to glibc. glibc follows the BSD signal behaviour
    by default. Code that requires a specific behaviour must use sigaction()
    not signal to specify the behaviour it desires.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:7.048 seconds]