SubjectRe: System bus standards (was Re: AMD K6 233 Cpu 465 BogoMips??)
In message <Pine.LNX.4.02.9809050830050.1838-100000@tahallah.demon.co.uk>,
Alex
Buell writes:
+-----
| On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
| > Unfortunately, I can guess: as soon as your design includes PCI you're up
| > the creek. Intel has you by the short ones. (And just try selling someone
| > on a motherboard that doesn't support PCI.)
|
| This might not be an issue anymore; I just heard today that IBM/Compaq and
| some other company (name escapes me for the moment) have got together and
| designed a new PCI specification [PCIx] that's supposedly runs at 133Mhz
| and can transfer up to a gigabyte a second. They left Intel out of the
+--->8

Saw that. I'm with a comment I also saw on it: how compatible is it with
the current spec?

| Heh, let me know the reaction. :o)
+--->8

Your description wasn't something I'd consider pointing them to; not
detailed enough. :-(

--
brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.085 / U:0.088 seconds]