SubjectRe: Build your own Motherboards (was Re: AMD K6 233 Cpu 465 BogoMips??)
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, David Lang wrote:

> if you start a company that produces small quantitys of multi-level
> circuit boards (and are able to test them, becouse board design at these
> speeds is affected by exactly what materials you are using, etc) you will
> get a lot of orders, the question will be will those orders cover your
> costs. Board design at these speeds is half digital logic design and half
> RF analog design and becouse of the RF portion your quality control needs
> to be extreamly good to get the same results from multiple batches.

It makes a lot of sense to use off the shelf components (especially logic
chips). Also it's more efficient to implement as much as logic as possible
into as few chips as possible to keep the costs down.

Maybe one day we'll get a supercomputer in a wristwatch..

Cheers,
Alex
--
/\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
> ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.075 / U:0.052 seconds]