SubjectRe: Masquerading - extending the timeout values
In message <19980904153548.A29455@sparky.nisa.net>, Jeff Bailey writes:
+-----
| /sbin/ipfwadm -Ms 7200 7200 7200
|
| I probably don't need the second value set as high, and I have had
| problems where I've filled up the masquerade table (I don't know how
| many entries it can take, but it seems to be in the thousands).
+--->8

I'm glad to hear that; I've bumped the UDP timeout on a gateway box behind
which sit thirty-odd boxes who expect to be able to reach the ECE AFS
servers despite being otherwise isolated from the world. (AFS servers don't
like it when the apparent client cache manager port changes on them. Or,
rather, they don't take notice of it; they keep using the original port, for
which the masquerading has lapsed when using the default timeout.)

--
brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.040 / U:0.264 seconds]