    SubjectRe: AMD K6 233 Cpu 465 BogoMips??
    In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980904161431.144C-100000@lo-pc3035a>, Alex Buell
    | Hmm... interesting points to ponder. Now that we've got GPL'd sourceware,
    | how about GPL'd motherboards and GPL'd processors? That is, a bunch of

    Whatever happened to the "Free Hardware Foundation", which was doing just
    that (designing a motherboard which wouldn't be encumbered with proprietary

    Unfortunately, I can guess: as soon as your design includes PCI you're up
    the creek. Intel has you by the short ones. (And just try selling someone
    on a motherboard that doesn't support PCI.)

    # # #

    I'd be half tempted to try running your design past the smart folks on the
    chip design side of Hamerschlag D level. (Who, me? I'm no chip designer; I
    compile software for 'em when I'm not installing systems for 'em.
    Naturally, they want Linux :-)

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    electrical and computer engineering KF8NH
    carnegie mellon university

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.020 / U:0.220 seconds]