    SubjectRe: Scheduling Times --- Revisited
    On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, David Luyer wrote:

    > Of course making CD burning and console games run with a priority and
    > performance unaffected by other jobs which might come up while they are
    > running is a much more ideal situation.

    My latest scheduling patch (the one vs. 2.1.123) has
    the property of completely blowing away I/O bound
    niced processes (updatedb and friends).

    You might want to try it and tell me if you like it's
    agressiveness. Right now I'm running a niced updatedb
    and I find that the intensity of disk I/O is now about
    one quarter of less of what it used to be...

    Maybe you all find it too agressive, but that can be
    fixed.

    Rik.