    SubjectRe: Implementing Meta File information in Linux (and a note at the end on current reiserfs status)
    On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 10:22:43PM -0300, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

    > Again: because you have to locate all these chunks to move the
    > file to another system. Counterintuitive. (And I have to do the
    > support after some luser does this and then can't figure out why
    > their file is screwed up :-)

    But since mv is currently `dumb' and can't do this anyhow, we may as
    well make the `new improved mv' work with abstracted metadata via a
    library and not tie it down to the filesystem.

    This whole thread is getting rather tedious anyhow. I think I'll go
    away and ignore it until somebody has some working code that actually
    solves a practical problem.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:14.408 seconds]