SubjectRe: Implementing Meta File information in Linux (and a note at the end on current reiserfs status)
On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 10:22:43PM -0300, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> Again: because you have to locate all these chunks to move the
> file to another system. Counterintuitive. (And I have to do the
> support after some luser does this and then can't figure out why
> their file is screwed up :-)

But since mv is currently `dumb' and can't do this anyhow, we may as
well make the `new improved mv' work with abstracted metadata via a
library and not tie it down to the filesystem.

This whole thread is getting rather tedious anyhow. I think I'll go
away and ignore it until somebody has some working code that actually
solves a practical problem.

-cw

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans