SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Virtual Machines, JVM in kernel
In message <y7rvhn4zytr.fsf@sytry.doc.ic.ac.uk>, David Wragg writes:
+-----
| The problem is that kernels tend to be programmed in nice to-the-metal
| languages like C, in which one can write perfectly type correct
| programs that do nasty stuff, for example writing to deallocated
+--->8
That was precisely my point: you can have a "proof" which claims "there are
no buffer overruns in this code", but you can't verify that proof when
working in C.

--
brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu