SubjectPersonalities and progress
Date
Hi all,

I just wanted to quickly state that when geniuses come together, there are
going to be conflicts. Strong egos can be both good and bad things, so lets
just make sure we understand the way things are. I'm sure there is a good
amount of pressure Linus is going through at Transmeta with the mystery
chip(s) and trying to get 2.2.0 out sometime this millenium. He has final
say on Linux. Period. It's his baby. Sometimes we may need to step back and
realize what pressures he probably has on him (could you imagine having his
Inbox? I wouldn't want it.) Lets not have this vger episode turn into
something ugly. 2.1 has been a long and hard road that has taken its toll on
everyone. Increased press has raised the pressure. Linus is in a position
where sometimes he has to be very hard and steady to keep things on track.
Some people don't like this. Step back and look at things objectively. Would
we be here right now if Linus were not this way? I doubt it.

I think we all agree that the FB guys have done some great stuff as has
David Miller, Ted and all the other major kernel contributors. There has
been too much flaming recently. I'm not in Richard's corner on his RT
battle, but I think he may be taking more of a beating than he deserves.
Lets just all step back, remember why we are here, have a beer if you want
one, and send Linus the patches the way he wants them.

This turned out to be longer than I wanted it to be and pardon me for
wasting bandwidth. I think Linux's only threat for world domination is
infighting. Lets not sink our own ship in the middle of this beautiful
sunrise.

Thank you,

-Eric ;-)

--