    SubjectRe: problem with swap.h
    On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 mummert& wrote:

    > It seems to me that there is a problem with swap.h in the latest
    > development source trees. My watchdog source includes it (via sys/swap.h)
    > and then moans about the missing definition of PAGE_SIZE. Shouldn't swap.h
    > include this?

    Why? Page size is an architecture dependant thing, swap.h is
    not arch-dependant and, as such, shouldn't include things like
    page size or MMU innards.

    > I would like to not include something like asm/page.h from my
    > application as I think kernel headers shouldn't be included directly
    > by applications.

    Then why do you include swap.h? It's at least as much a
    kernel header as <asm/page.h> and arguably even more so
    (since page.h provides info on the machine you're using
    while swap.h provides info on kernel stuff).

    | Linux memory management tour guide. |
    | Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.050 / U:100.288 seconds]