SubjectRe: problem with swap.h
On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 mummert& wrote:

> It seems to me that there is a problem with swap.h in the latest
> development source trees. My watchdog source includes it (via sys/swap.h)
> and then moans about the missing definition of PAGE_SIZE. Shouldn't swap.h
> include this?

Why? Page size is an architecture dependant thing, swap.h is
not arch-dependant and, as such, shouldn't include things like
page size or MMU innards.

> I would like to not include something like asm/page.h from my
> application as I think kernel headers shouldn't be included directly
> by applications.

Then why do you include swap.h? It's at least as much a
kernel header as <asm/page.h> and arguably even more so
(since page.h provides info on the machine you're using
while swap.h provides info on kernel stuff).

| Linux memory management tour guide. |
| Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |