SubjectRe: new swap cache regime

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> If you don' t like to change swap_free() (for exit(2) performance)

The real reason I don't like it is that right now I want something that
works, and that everybody agrees on is the _minimal_ patch possible. I
want something simple that is obviously correct (and right now I don't
even care whether swapoff() works or not, actually).

We can tweak later, I'd really like to have a patch that everybody can
live with for now, and then we can see what the problems are. I'd prefer
not to have extra code until it's shown to be necessary, and I also want
to have the basics tested well before we start to be clever.

I liked your previous patch, and it seems Stephen agreed with it too once
it had some things changed - if only because then it was very close to
what he had done. The new patch looks to have fixed Stephens worries, and
I'd like to see it without the extra swap_free() code - just to test it
out.

Stephen, do you basically agree with Andreas patch, or is there something
you want done?

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.060 / U:0.196 seconds]