    SubjectRe: Building Big Ass Linux Machine, what are the limits?
    On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > > > 16 drives total. Isn't there a limit on number of scsi disks?
    > >
    > > The usual limit is 16, but Martin Mares (or someone else, if
    > > I got him confused with the real maintainer of Sunsite Czech)
    > > has a patch out that will allow you to run with up to 48 disks.
    > Well - to clean up confusion: there is a "bit" more than one czech
    > developer on linux.

    I know, usually I even remember who's working on what project
    (in quite a lot of detail)...

    > Jakub Jelinek ( sunsite czech maintainer,
    > ultra linux port, working with sparc-s

    Ah, that was the guy the original poster wants to contact...

    (Yup, the thread actually started out on-topic with a guy
    asking about a large Linux box and the limit on the number
    of SCSI drives)

    | Linux memory management tour guide. |
    | Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.020 / U:30.384 seconds]